What Strategic Planning Does for Your Firm
- Asks and answers the tough questions for your firm, and prioritizes your
issues. Our management audit process reveals your firm's strengths and
weaknesses, and identifies the opportunities and threats facing it. The
process isn't designed to be easy, but it forces you to focus on the real
issues. We help you identify and prioritize these issues, then work through
- Allows your firm to envision its future. The planning process pushes your
firm to establish its future, anticipate alternative scenarios, and develop a
roadmap to determine where your company is heading and how it will get there.
- Provides a basis for your decision-making. Knowing your firm's destination
helps everyone make better-informed decisions. Planning ensures that
short-term decisions are made consistently with long-term goals. It lets your
firm channel its limited resources to the most important areas, not just
respond to the "squeaky wheel" of the moment.
- Forces your firm to set goals and targets, and measures your performance.
Setting demanding, attainable objectives and working toward them points out
your firm's strongest and weakest performing parts.
- Opens channels of communications among management, and between your
management and staff. We hear a lot about poor communications. Developing your
strategic business plan provides a great opportunity for your firm's
management to communicate something truly important to your staff. The
planning process also builds a stronger bond among your firm's planning team
who participate in the strategy retreat.
- Develops your firm's upcoming leaders. Ownership and leadership transition
are some of the most common reasons for firms to develop strategic business
plans. Building a plan together gives your firm's next generation of leaders
an opportunity to participate in the process, allowing the cream to rise to
the top, and generating a feeling of ownership. It also spotlights any
deadwood that's been a drag on your performance.
- Motivates the staff with a clear picture of the firm's direction and
future. Everybody is more committed and performs better when they understand
where your firm is going, and why.
Dark Horse Strategies will help you reach your business goals at least cost to you. Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to explore how our consultants can serve your business.